C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

2006 sonata 3.3L INTERMITTENTLY runs rough. Engine code

Customer Question

2006 sonata 3.3L INTERMITTENTLY runs rough.
Engine code states plug 2 and 6 misfiring. Does not happen all the time maybe once a week. Seems high humidity my cause it to happen more frequently.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

I can probably help you, but first I'll need to get those misfire code numbers from you; can you post that information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have those code numbers.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my email address is***@******.*** not .com
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

OK. There are several different misfire codes that would point to different circuits and components, that's why it's important to know the exact numbers. Any major auto parts retailers will retrieve the codes for you free of charge. Can you get them that way?

Please note that any communication other than this chat has to be requested through our Premium Service program and carries an extra fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Experts have no access or control over fiscal matters. Please contact Customer Service.

Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

Hey there this is another tech. The charges will be refunded if by mistake. This will be done by customer service. No need to worry they will make sure you get any money back that was incorrectly charged. I want to help fix your concern. With this problem the first thing you want to do is replace the spark plugs on all of the 6 cylinders. If the issue is still there you are looking at a weak coil that is producing the spark to the spark plugs. The coils in my experience normally last around 100k but after that you need to replace them. I would order a complete set from ebay as they will cost about the same as 1 from the local parts store. Yes the ebay ones are cheaper in quality but they normally last as long as the good OEM ones in my experience. If you have any questions do not hesistate to ask. Thanks Charlie!