Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

My headlights flicker while im driving my 2009 hyundai azera

Customer Question

my headlights flicker while im driving my 2009 hyundai azera My alternator was changed and it did not solve the problem and my instrument panel lights flicker when i press my automatic window button
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

This is usually an indication of a ground issue, not always a charging issue. Start by checking the main ground from the battery to the body and the transmission, then each ground you can locate if the main ground is in good shape. What I usually do is remove the grounding screws, then clean the surface and then replace them. There are plenty of them, but if you look in the engine compartment you can see a lot of the main ones that go to the frame of the car. I would suspect one of these to be the culprit.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.

Also though, have that alternator re tested. You need to have at least 14.2 volts under load. This is with the headlights, the blower and the wipers on. If it's anything less, it's a problem and needs to be replaced again.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, but I am unable to do a phone call at this time.