Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

My ac is blowing out hot air and a sound like air is leaking

Customer Question

my ac is blowing out hot air and a sound like air is leaking
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How long have you had the leak?
Customer: about 2 months
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: hot air is blowing out good and a little sound like air is leaking when I turn the ac off the sound stop and continue to blow warm air.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I do not know what to do.
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, have you had the A/C pressures checked to determine if there is refrigerant in the system and the system is operating at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no I did not have a/c pressure checked I did go the auto zone and buy some Freon put some in it only last a day.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how much do getting my a/c pressures checked how much will the Freon cost to fill the system.

Alright if that only lasted a day you probably have a pretty significant leak. Its usually around $100 to get the a/c system checked for leaks and another $50 or so for a recharge. If the leak is that big like it sounds like it is it should be very easy for them to find and fix.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.