Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

I locked my 2010 elantra key in t he trunk. HELP!! : I only

Customer Question

I locked my 2010 elantra key in t he trunk. HELP!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I only have 1 key, went golfing and locked the key in the trunk. AAA came out and broke in so I could get in the car, but the alarm went off and the release button on the door for the trunk will not work. The manual release to lay down the back seat is in the trunk.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: As soon as we shut the doors to the car, it locked itself and now I have to call AAA again to unlock it. All this was last night.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

The only thing you can really do is get another key cut by a dealership and then open the door/trunk like that. There is no way to break into the trunk and if the release on the door doesn't work you won't be able to get in.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.