Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

2007 Hyundai Tucson. AC started blowing hot air and noticed

Customer Question

2007 Hyundai Tucson. AC started blowing hot air and noticed the engine light was hot. The coolant reservoir is full and didn't need much water. What can be the problem. We are away from home.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The AC was blowing hot air because the engine was hot. Why would it be hot if the fluids aren't low
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It's Sunday. We are away from home. No mechanic open
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: No. It's always run fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.

Hi .

If the engine is starting to overheat and coolant level is good then you may have a sticking thermostat.

or the cooling fans are not coming on..

If you have basic tools i would remove the thermostat if you have confirmed that the cooling fans are

working .

Attached is a diagram of where the thermostat is situated for the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.