Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics

My air bag light came on in my 2014 Santa Fe and I am out of

Customer Question

My air bag light came on in my 2014 Santa Fe and I am out of town is this a major problem or can it wait till tuesday
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I turned my my car on and the light air bag light is on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I do not
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Hyundai Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Or have someone look at it. I called a dealer and they won't see me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

When the Air Bag light comes on, this is a problem somewhere in the restraints system. This can be anything from a problem with the seat belts, to a faulty impact sensor and anything in between. However, it is not a "major" issue. You can continue to safely drive the vehicle without any problems. Just keep in mind, while the air bag light is on, the system is turned off and the air bags will not deploy in the even of an accident. But again, definitely safe to drive until you have a chance to have it serviced. If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and I wanted to check in an d see if there was anything else I could do for you on this matter? Did you have any other questions on this issue?