George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have 2001 hyundai xg 300. i have tried 3 boosh

Customer Question

i have 2001 hyundai xg 300. i have tried 3 boosh reconditoned alternators specified for the car, they wont charge the car,nor will the battery icon come on withkey on, bulbs ok now i the experts said to try an ac delco rebuilt and said to hook it up ane turn the key on and if the battery icon does not come on its not compatable,why what would you suggest thank barry
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have done all that, voltage with the key on and off ,how ever battery icon does light with key on or running while not charging, have taken alt off to exchange with acdelco tomarrow

OK, then if you have it under control let me know if you have further questions

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont have it under control,why or how are recon altenator wired so they are not compatable to the hyundai your the expert

OK, so my original question then.... Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have explained in my notes whats been happening and you ask me if i have a voltmeter,I dont believe your a hyundai mechanis what a waste of dollars

You told me you had done all that when I asked about a voltmeter so if you have what is the problem?

I don't know what you have done but I do know how to test the system, as I am not there to do the testing you need to do it so I know what the readings are.

If you want to find the cause of why you have installed 3 alternators and are about to put another one in I can help you but when you tell me you checked and everything is fine I can't help you with that

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what more kinds of detail do you need

Sorry, I was not up at 1:21 when you replied, you will need to measure at the large wire terminal on the back of the alternator and see if you have the same voltage as you can measure at the battery posts.

Let me know what you find