Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Oil level warning light appeared on display. Checked and

Customer Question

Oil level warning light appeared on display. Checked and topped up oil with one litre. Level on dipstick increased to between low and high level gauges which is recommended in manual but warning light still illuminated? Question is why will it not go out - I do not want to overfill the oil.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: Unsure what code?
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out.
Customer: Fix it myself - car due for first service at the start of June which has already been booked.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.May I ask the year, model and engine size of your vehicle? I apologize if I just missed it but I didn't see it.
But generally there is a sensor that might be going bad. On the side of the oil pan there is the sensor. Do you have a volt meter?Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem? Did my information help?Thanks
Sonny