peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Why my Hyundai keeps the engine running wild sometimes then

Customer Question

why my Hyundai keeps the engine running wild sometimes then I stop in the curb then let wait for few minutes then I drive again becomes normal then it happened again my car is model accent 2005
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the engine rpm is running up and down causing this here or at a high idle/rpm this can sometimes be caused by an issue with a vacuum leak needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leak issues this needs done to see if any leaks are found needing repaired or replaced.Your model uses an idle speed actuator that can act up intermittently like this as well needing replaced.I would have this tested to see if it needs replaced and if you have not had the fault codes checked at all to see if any codes are set this needs done as well.If any codes are set this will help pinpoint any issues here.Below is a picture of the idle speed actuator that may need replaced.https://www.dropbox.com/s/low81pggatq8kle/idle-05-25.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete