Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Mobile Electronics over 30 years

I own a Hyundai 2008 Tucson. The CD player has stopped

Customer Question

I own a Hyundai 2008 Tucson. The CD player has stopped working, but the radio is fine. I tried using a CD cleaning disk, which didn't work. Any suggestions?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No, I haven't. Which fuses would I check. Is there info in the owner's manual?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Absolutely. I just dropped over $11K in repairs and maintenance service.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the CD cleaning disk.
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: Not a thing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.IF this is the In Dash AM / FM CD Unit, & the Radio works, then the Fuses will be good, as the Unit uses the same FusesTypically this will be the CD Mechanism & there is a updated CD Mechanism with Circuit Board for this Unit.Repair apprx $235.00 - 345.00 depending on parts & ShopMany times you can find the same Model Number Unit On-Line, E-Bay, etc for less than RepairIF you need removal procedures, let me know.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.