Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

My lights are not on. my 2011 hyundai sonata is parked.

Customer Question

my lights are not on. my 2011 hyundai sonata is parked. brake lights won't turn off.
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: we removed the left bulb. can't get the right bulb out. still has lights on in the light panel in the rear window
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I do not know what else to do
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: we replaced the headlights on right side recently
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: well I've looked on line. brake light recall for 2011 and 2012. The deal is it refers to brake lights staying on when foot is removed from brakes. In this case, it is parked with lights turned off. Head lights are not on, but brake lights are
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
HI there, This would be covered under the recall, because the brake lights are staying on. I am sure the issue is the brake light switch. Please give me a moment to look up the wiring diagram and locate the stop light fuse. You can pull it and the lights will go out so the battery doesn't drain on you.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
In the fuse box under the hood, there should be a fuse labeled STLamp. Pull this fuse and the lights will all go out.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
I am sending a diagram of the fuse box to help. I highlighted the proper fuse.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!