sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2006 Azeriawon't start and my immobilizer light is on

Customer Question

My 2006 Azeriawon't start and my immobilizer light is on when I try to start the car.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: The car was purchased used and no code was given.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Hyundai Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car is well maintained and the battery has a full charge. I am stuck in a Walmart parking lot.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I looked in the owners manual. So far I have disconnected the battery hoping I could reset the system
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: This car started and ran perfect 1 hour ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** will try to assist you .
if the immbobilzer lights is on while you trying to start that means it is not recognizing the key
open your hood go the fuse box pull the ignition relay out and put it back in , read te labels on the box to identify the ignition relay , if no labels pull all relays one by one and reinstall them. One at a time .If not the main problem will be the antenna wire coil around the ignition key not pickinp the signal.
If not u need dealer , ould be several things , a fuse , check them if have a tesl light, a neutral safety switch ect ...If u had a scanner also to retrieve codesIcan help you further. Hope this helps .A 5 STAR RATING IS APPRECIATTED SINCE THAT IS HOW WE GET COMPENSATED .Thank you , the post will stay open after you rate for further question for you
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you still need help?