George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hey, I located the audio fuses easily, but what/where is the

Customer Question

hey,
I located the audio fuses easily, but what/where is the "double memory shunt?"
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, That is the yellow fuse holder you can pull up out of the fuse block. What is the year and model of your Hyundai?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2008 Santa Fe GLS 6 cyl. 2. 7 liter
Should be in the fuse block to the left of the steering column. Pull the cover off and it is the yellow holder in the corner.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks! Will try in about an hour. In the middle of an outdoor project.
Click here for diagramIt is labeled power connector
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
George,
I sent you photos late yesterday of my fuse board. did you receive it? I don't feel confident determining which fuses are "A", "B", etc.
Sorry I don't see it. Did you use the attachment paperclip from the tool bar? I posted a diagram of the box above, yours should look like that
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry. Let me try again to interpret the fuse board. Do you read it left to right or top to bottom? I don't see anything yellow.
May be a black connector in the lower left. Through the opening in the dash you only see the fuse portion.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do see something black that has a "on" side and an "off" side.
It should look exactly like the diagram I don't know that this will resolve your issue but that is the memory connector used during shipping to prevent the battery from being drained. It does interrupt power to the radio.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OH, George, I think this is beyond my skill set. I am going to try a "hands on" mechanic.Thanks,
Sheri
Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just sent the photos via my iPhone to the text message from you. Forgive me, but I am not super Tech savvy!
We don't get text, can you open the browser, find this question at your account on the Just Answer site and you should see a toolbar above the posting window to attach the picture with.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
George, I managed to get the photos from my phone to my email. Is there an email address I can forward them to?
I am sorry, the only way I know is upload them to something like imgur and post the address here so I can go look or use the paperclip icon
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, you just stumped my 15 yr old daughter, and that is saying something!!! LOL!
She should know all about sharing photos to a site. If you go to imgur.com it is free and easy to set up a file to put the photos and then you copy and paste the address they give you here so I can go look.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Frustrated.. Will start fresh tomorrow.
Thanks.
OK, I wish it was easier.