George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My check engine light is on and the thermostat is all the eay

Customer Question

My check engine light is on and the thermostat is all the eay down on C
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: What code?
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I got into my car and saw the light on
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: No...I just had the oil changed a couple of weeks ago and the mevhanic said that the threads were stripped
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Temp gauge is ok now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am at the airport sitting in my car afraid to drive it.
Expert:  I. Silva replied 9 months ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.Can you explain a bit more of your problem ?I understand that the check engine light is on ,is this the only problem ?The first thing you need to do to find out why is the check engine light ON is scanning the engine computer to see what kind of trouble code comes up, you will need a code reader or a scanner to get the code and then just fallow the code description.If you don't have any this tools ,just stop at any major auto parts store an they will scan the vehicle for you ,usually at no charge, when you have the code ,just bring it here and I will tell you the next step to fix the problem.Also if the threads on the pan are stripped ,you will need to buy a single oversize self tapping drain plug .I see you just post something about temperature ,can you explain what is going on Please ?Let me know.Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am a widow. I don't know anything about cars. I just got into my car at the airport and the check engine light was on. Just want to know if it's safe enough to drive it. It says in the manual something to do with the possibly with the emissions
Expert:  I. Silva replied 9 months ago.
Ok, if the engine is running good and there is no red lights on you instrument panel , the temperature gage is normal ,just the yellow check engine light is ON you should have no problems.Just have someone (repair shop ) scanning the engine for trouble codes to find out why is the light ON, if it is related with emissions the most common problem on Hyundai's s the purge solenoid valve ,not a really expensive repair.Like I said you need to have it scanned to see what code comes up ,if is related with emissions (evap system) it will not affect your engine performance . Goo luck.Let me know , please rate my answer if I have helped , ask for additional info if needed. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  I. Silva replied 9 months ago.
Hi there do you have any other questions on your problem ?Is the vehicle running good ?I am here to answer your questions on this matter.If you don't have other questions ,PLEASE take a second of your time and rate my answer.Thank you .