George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

The tcs light and abs light are on and the e brake is super

Customer Question

the tcs light and abs light are on and the e brake is super tight? we replaced the rear brakes a while ago but this is kind of new
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car drives fine. I just want to know how to reset or fix the tcs and abs light being on. we are getting ready to register it and I don't want any hassles. I am sure you understand
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. I do most of my own repairs. This is my sons car and he doesn't have a ton of money. he was contemplating selling it. I told him that I thought it might either be the sensor or something with the rear brakes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wanted to see if there was a code I could reset with my obd2 reader. that is all so far. no codes. just lights on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: I can't think of anything?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
What is the year and model of your Hyundai?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
03 elantra
Thanks. It is possible that you could have a sensor that is no good. Or even an axle with a faulty or rusted out tone ring. Unless your scanner can read the abs module you will not receive any codes. Most auto part stores have a scanner that can check the abs module. You will want to perform a visual inspection of the sensors and wiring and axle tone ring. If nothing is found then you will need to have the codes checked.