Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

The alarm on my Hyundai Elantra keeps randomly going off and

Customer Question

The alarm on my Hyundai Elantra keeps randomly going off and I googled that it may be my hood switch so I wanted to know how to disconnect it until my dealer looks at it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My alarm just randomly goes off and I don't know why nothing seems wrong with the car.
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing really I don't know much about cars that's why I'm here, but I can say I've tried looking my doors from my car instead of the clicker and that didn't work and I've tried disabling the clicker itself and that didn't work neither.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
This sounds like the typical Elantra issue where the hood pad for the switch has failed .you can test this buy using a plastic tie to tie down the switch fully and then lock up and wait .the switch is on the passengers side just in front of the strut tower and next to the power steering bottle . If you have diagnostic scan tool you can check live data and with all doors closed and locked, you can see if the doors are all correctly closed as well as the trunk and hood ..if one says open then this is the bad switch. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.