Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

How to fix fault code p1448 in Hyundai elantra 2005? JA: Let's

Customer Question

how to fix fault code p1448 in Hyundai elantra 2005?
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a problem whit passenger occupant classification sensor . The ligth of ABS is on?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: check the conector
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: I don't know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..There were quite a few that had recalls on them. Also some programming issues. You may want to check with the dealer to see if it's covered and if not then replace the sensor..Here is a link to one of the recalls, https://www.dropbox.com/s/38mn7sqgts1jau7/RECALL%2005V395000.pdf?dl=0.Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,