Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1 diagnostics, 32 years. Electrical expert
13677702

The A/C in my 2014 Santa Fe doesn't get cold JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

The A/C in my 2014 Santa Fe doesn't get cold
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The A/C in my 2014 Santa Fe doesn't get cold. It just stays warm, regardless of how long I've run the car.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, hopefully.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Just trying to get some more information about what could potentially be wrong
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
Hello, engine size?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4L AWD
Thx, now, did this happen all of a sudden? was it working ok and when?,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought it used in February and didn't notice it at the time, but I believe this was a pre-purchase issue. It was a rental before, and had about 40,000 miles on it when I bought it, so I don't know when/if it was working okay before I bought it.
Thanks, ***** ***** thought? low on freon, R 134, It happens,rental may not help, You cna buy a refill kit at most any parts store, ask for one that has stop leak additive in it, Could have just been a slow leak over time, It happens, very simple to use the refill kits, follow directions, , it comes with guage, it shows when it is full on the guage, Near me? they run about $34. You locate the low pressure line and blue cap on the firewall, that is the fitting you hook the can/hose to, It is always going to be on the fatter line, I suspect low on freon,. You can do the refill on your own if fairly handy. Shops? unsure of current fees but , our shop would be around $95 to recharge it, The freon with stop leak works pretty good, It seals any small leaks. here is a link to the picture of where you charge the system
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is very helpful! Thank you!
Its the best I can provide not being there and for what it is worth a starting point for sure,.Please remember to leave feedback for my service I have provided today and thanks