Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Other
Experience:  i have owned my shop for 26 years

GA-AMM 2012 sonata blows warm air gauges read 75 low 150 high

Customer Question

2012 sonata blows warm air gauges read 75 low 150 high never changes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: compressor doesent seem to have a external clutch system has expansion valve an two switches one one compressor and one on av line would like to know what switches are for and c if the can be jumped
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: hooked up gauges to check pressures
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.the high side pressure is way too low..the low is way too highit would seem that the compressor itself is bad and needs to be replaced..the compressor seems to have an internal leak causing the high and the low to try to equalizethanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what about the two switches one on compressor and one on ac line
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 5 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.
The valve inside the compressor needs to be replaced, its a very common issue. Not hard to do, just one bolt and it slides out but you need to recover the refrigerant from the system, replace it, then vacuum and recharge the system with an AC machine.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.