peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hyundai H100: ,We have converted an Hyundai Engine for

Customer Question

We have converted an Hyundai Engine for Marine application.
Facing a starting delay problem in the Hyundai D4CB engine with Delphi ECU3.7
It try to start at initial crank & drop it, while we crank again will take 8 seconds to get start.
Will you able to guide me for solving the same.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hyundai D4CB Engine with WGT used in vehicles like H100, Starex.
DELPHI DCM3.7AP ECU
We have OBD Error Code as P0685 ECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit /Open
Starting gets delayed. Need at least 8 Seconds to get started.
Need to resolve the starting delay problem.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. From what you have described here this looks like a fault with the ECM power relay with an open power feed circuit possibly.This can be due to incorrect wiring to this relay or a broken or damaged wire or possibly even a fault internally in the ECM itself needing replaced.I would start with checking for any damaged or broken wiring needing repaired or replaced.If any issues are found they will need corrected.Check at the ECM and relays. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have done the complete wiring as per the Hyundai recommendations (enclosed D4CB WIRING DIAGRAM.pdf FYR).
We have about 50 Engines & ECU, we changed the ECU's and checked, the delay in starting remains same(8 sec).If we remove the Fuel Regulator Valve connector & start the engine it gets start immediately, after starting we put back the connector & engine runs smoothly.
We need an solution to solve this starting delay problem.
Is this alarm P0685 ECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit /Open creates this starting delay problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also we are quite surprised that $15 being debited to our credit card even before solving the issue, please explain.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete