K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

2006 Hyundai tuscon -- AC works but only blows out the lower

Customer Question

2006 Hyundai tuscon -- AC works but only blows out the lower vents below dash, but not out of dash vents. What controls that?
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Repeating my earlier msg. On our 2006 Tuscon, the air conditioner, which works, blows only out of the lower vents, but not out of the main vents on front consol. What may cause that, and how to fix it? Pls reply -- Larry
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is doable
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: I think I've said what is needed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Hello, this is most likely due to a bad mode door actuator. It's located on the drivers side of the lower instrument panel. Time to replace it is a half hour. It's fairly simple and can be done with basic hand tools. I'll post info on how to do it below for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks -- So far helpful. I will try to do the replacement/repair
If you run into any problems just reply back. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!
Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.