Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Air bag lights stays onJA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

air bag lights stays on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: it's A 2003 Hyundai sonata
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 2003 hyundai sonata
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the air bag light stays on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes , I want ti replace the fuse
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I open the hood and open the junction box and I cannot figure out switch 15 amp fuse it is. I read the owners manual and the lay out of the fuses ARE DIFFERENT.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: NOPE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,The airbag light is on because there is a fault with the system.Pulling fuses will do nothing.You need to have the system scanned for codes with a diagnostic scanner.Can you get this done please, then we can continue?Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,Do you need any further help?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Kind regardsGary