CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Need to remove top oxygen sensor on

Customer Question

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Need to remove top oxygen sensor on the back of the engine but it sits inside a circular shroud. Because of this shroud it sits in, there isn't enough for the socket to grab to loosen. I don't see a way to remove the shroud as it appears the sensor is holding it down. I have a picture to upload to show what I am talking about but don't see a way to attach it on the initial question. Also, i guess the other part of the question is if I need a special oxygen sensor socket to remove it.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello im chris and ill try to help you
They make a socket for this i own one
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Alltrade-1-2-in-Drive-7-8-in-Oxygen-Sensor-Standard-Socket-648442/204505245?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D25T-HandTools%7c&gclid=CMP1xPDpy8wCFcUmhgodxN0K8w&gclsrc=aw.ds
you can get this cheap one from home depot
If i have answered all your questions please rate me so I can get credit for my time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, I'll take a look for this one tomorrow. Below is the current one I have now that just won't do it for me so hopefully this one will. I will let you know as soon as I get it on the chance it won't work for me to see if you know of alternatives. http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-and-specialty-tools/sensor-socket/oem-oxygen-sensor-socket/47738_0_0/?checkfit=true
why doesnt the one you have work too fat?