sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Hyundai entourage: Back electric sliding door passenger side.

Customer Question

Back electric sliding door passenger side. It will not open manually or automatically. it seems in a permanently locked position. When you press the overhead power button it sounds one alarm noise.Other back door working fine.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Ok, first, I do need to get the year of your Entourage
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2007
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Ok, there is a service bulletin out on this - the remote controller motor needs to be replaced. I have uploaded the bulletin and the service procedure Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your response does not answer my question as it says that in these circumstances the door will still open manually and yet as you can see from my query above "the door will not open manually?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK I will wait before the I submit rating.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If it won't open manually then you may have a failed latch, there may be something foreign closed in the door, or it may not be unlocking. If the lock actuator has failed then it won't unlock to allow for electronic opening, it obviously wouldn't open from outside if locked, and it may not be opening from the inside due to the child lock being engaged.Have you checked to see if the door is locking and unlocking?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the door is not locking or unlocking. It also can not be opened manually. When you press the power button on interior roof or when you press the power button at the door location it just gives an alarm noise.
The manual door lock button will not move? What position is in it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The manual lock button will move to lock and unlock position but still will not allow door to be opened from inside or outside mechanically or electrically?
So it is in fact locking and unlocking.Is the child protection lock engaged?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the child protection lock located?
It's accessed when the door is open and is engaged to prevent the door from being open from an inside handle.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But that would not prevent you from opening from the outside manually or electrically from the inside from ceiling panel in front?
Correct.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You have simply confirmed all the info that I provided to you. To date my question remains unanswered so I wanted to hear further from you before i provided a rating.
I was awaiting a response from you about the child safety lock.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Below is what you wrote? The door can not be opened so how would I know if there is a problem with it. look above and you will see that IO previously stated door is not able to be opened manually or electrically?"It's accessed when the door is open and is engaged to prevent the door from being open from an inside handle."
If the child protection lock was engaged it would be something you should remember physically intentionally doing. I was trying to determine if you had done so, making the fact that it wouldn't open from the inside now irrelevant.If the outside handle moves with normal resistance, the door does unlock, and there is nothing foreign closed in the door then the issue is going to a failed latch.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The door latch will allow you to pull at it but the door does not open manually or electrically. We are right back to the top of my comments and query. when you press the overhead power door opener and an alarm goes of what does that mean?
You're pulling the handle. The latch is the part inside the door that cinches around the striker and holds the door closed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Inside latch will move but will not open door! It does on the drivers side but not for this door.
The latch is an internal component in the door. You've removed the door panel? Irregardless, if the handle linkage is moving the latch but it will not release then the latch has failed.