George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Found the problem. Brake light switch but I need to know if

Customer Question

Found the problem. Brake light switch but I need to know if there is any kind of cap or nipple going between switch& pedal because the white price of switch fits directly into hole on pedal causing light to stay on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: I am fixing it for a dying vet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Yes the hole should be filled with a plastic plug that gives the tip of the plunger something to rest against. If yours has cracked and fallen out then a parts store should have a package of assorted trim buttons and one of those will fit the hole. Just adjust the switch so the plunger is all the way in yet is not holding the pedal off its rest. Please let me know what questions you have Thanks