Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics

My smart key fob is in the ignition but when i turn to start,

Customer Question

My smart key fob is in the ignition but when i turn to start, it makes one click sound and wont start. This just started today. The first time, I just kept trying and it finally started but now it wont.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
- May I have the year, model and engine size of your Hyundai?- Does the click noise appear to be coming from under the hood?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2007 Hyundai Veracruz V6. Yes, click from under hood.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
Great, thanks! Ok. The 1-click is the common sign of a failing Starter Solenoid. Many times after repeated attempts you may get it to start, but eventually it will completely fail. On this vehicle, the Solenoid is mounted to the side of the Starter Assembly and is usually replaced as such (the new starter comes with a new solenoid. It's just cheaper and easier this way.). Inspect the connections at the solenoid and make sure there are tight and free of corrosion. If the inspection checks ok, replace the Starter Motor Assembly should solve the problem. It sells for around $279 (Dealer-suggested retail. Aftermarket version about $75 cheaper) and the Labor Time Guide calls for 1.8 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate or accept my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hi! I noticed this question was still open and I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did replacing the Starter solve the problem? Did you have any other questions on this issue?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That seems to be it! Thank you
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help! It'd help me a ton if you could use the rating box at the top of the page and leave a rating for our Q&A! Thanks!