mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Hey Pear! I am going to change the speed sensors in my daughters

Customer Question

Hey Pear! I am going to change the speed sensors in my daughters car, but the wiring is not the same as what is on the car. What was supplied to me was two sensors wired together with plug on the other end. The car is not wired that way. I am wondering where the other extra wire goes? And is it important ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am. My daughter had a medical condition and now blind. No pity for her. She is very strong and is out on her own and finishing college. She needs the proceeds for a down payment on an apartment
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Really I have just looked at it and can see that I would have issues with the wiring, and know there is extra wires.
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: Nope. 209,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 months ago.
Can you upload a picture of the replacement part?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
See if this works. Or call anytime
612/363/5002 thanks, Dale
I can't seem to open it.
There should be a paper clip icon to click on to upload.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Try this. Or it appears I am twenty
What is the year and model of your hyundai?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
02 Accent GL
Is the engine a 1.5l or 1.6l?
The New sensors you have in the picture are the transmission input and output speed sensors located on the transmission.Is that what you are trying to replace?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes. The sensors are the same size. Bolt patten is rite. The issue is with the wiring. Orginal on the car one wire comes from the harnes to the sensor. Other wire comes from the plug-like the new set I bought.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't know what engine size. Vin is KMHCG45C52U345843
Maybe that helps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
SuperDave, I have not heard back from you. Is there any other information you can provide? I would just splice in the new sensors but 1 of the old sensors has just one wire not 2 like the new ones.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
are you able to remove the old sensor and take a photo and upload it i am having a hard time picturing what you are trying to explain?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wouldn't be able to take picture until later today. i will try and explain in fewest work possible. codes came back that it is one of the speed sensors-when my daughter bought the replacement for that year, it came as two sensors (one for each tranny and engine) the (new)sensors are wired together into one plug. on the car there is two sensors, but only one of them goes into the plug. The other(on car) speed sensor (single wire/not double like new one) is wired prior to the plug. or into the wiring harness (can't see where the wire goes)