Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Hyundai Tucson GLS: I am not sure what to do my car whon

Customer Question

Hi I am not sure what to do my car whon start when I turn my key the light flash on the dashboard and there is a clicking noise from the engine I cannot find the fault can you please help me
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
HI there,If the code is for the security system and the key isn't compatible then you need to have the key reprogrammed. This either has to be done by the dealer or sometimes mobile locksmiths can do it as well. The clicking under the hood is normally because the security system is activated. Sorry there isn't any better answer for the concern. Also, I have seen at times a low battery causing a clicking sound under the hood. If you haven't you may want to try a jump start. This however is only if the car won't turn over. If it's cranking and not starting, then this wil not help.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!