Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Hyundai COUPE S111: hiya George recently had the 5 flashes

Customer Question

hiya George recently had the 5 flashes on key symbol car not starting..replaced antenna...the same and still not starting came across ECU and BCM with a key and fob .thought it would be cheaper than taking in to the dealers.....replaced ECU BCM from a running car using the fob that came with them......still getting the 5 flashes of key symbol...and still non starter
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,The ECU and BCM must be programmed to your vehicle, which means primarily the VIN and mileage. It takes a factory level scan tool and software to do this.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ECU and BCM are the same serial/part numbers as the one i have replaced with the same results as i was getting at the beginning of the problem flashing key symbol
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,That doesnt matter if they dont have your vehicle's vin number and mileage programmed into them. If they are used, the immobilizer system is automatically set when a different vin number is *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the garage from where i bought the items says he has done quite a few of these and as long as all numbers match up hes never had a problem
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, I will opt out and see if another expert can help you. I just know from both what Hyundai states and my experience