Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

Hyundai Accent: My 2009 accent won't start. It was parked

Customer Question

My 2009 accent won't start. It was parked at the airport over the weekend. When i got back to it just now my key fob would not unlock the car. When i opened the door with the key the alarm did not go off. When i tried to start it norhing happens. No electrical system engages.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This sounds like the battery died while you were away. I would start with trying a jump start. Leave the donor car on it for at least 15 minutes and then see if you get some electrical power back. It may start, but at least then we know that the battery is the issue and it's nothing else. It's quite possible the alarm was activated and it just ran until the battery ran out of power.Please try this and let me know.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!