peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

There, I just bought a 2016 Santa Fe (base model) and I

Customer Question

Hi there, I just bought a 2016 Santa Fe (base model) and I am having a shop upgrade the sound system. The unit I have picked has blutooth but the last two shops I checked with said they do not have the color code (since the car is new) for the factory blutooth mic that currently is connected to the OEM sound/blutooth system. I really don't want them installing a seperate mic for the new system. What wires go to the OEM mic?
JA: Dealing with a Bluetooth that won't cooperate can be (just connect already.) Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Thanks for your help in advance.... No I am having a shop do it..
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: No its a base model with the base sound system that has blutooth...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. Being a 2016 model the wiring can be very difficult to obtain as not all of the info is released on wiring or repairs on this yet except to a dealer.In some cases you can get a dealer to give you this info here.They may or may not charge for this info.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I contacted the dealer and their solution was to sell me a service manual (which is not available yet) for $146.00. So that was no help at all contacting the dealer.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete