350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons 22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

Hyundai Santa Fe: i have a 2002 hyundai santa fe replaced timing

Customer Question

i have a 2002 hyundai santa fe replaced timing belt i lined up marks all in lined up but will not start whats next
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello I'd suggest to do a compression test across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each otherthis will show if the cam timing is correct as if its out you'll 2 or 3 low cylinders if this is OK then I'd check that you have spark and if you can hear the fuel pump run briefly when you 1st turn the ignition on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have fuel getting that and it back fire but never turn over
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Like it's getting to much gas
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.
hello OK I'd say to next pull the plugs and check that they aren't soaking wet if they are then check for spark next
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok will let you know later today
Expert:  350matt replied 7 months ago.
understoodjust get back to me on this post
Expert:  350matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you