Nate, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  ASE Master Certified in all areas of Automotive Service

Hyundai Elantra Limited: I have a 2014 Elantra Limited. Is

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Elantra Limited. Is there a better brake pad to replace the existing factory equipment. When braking "hard", the pads seem to be "rough".
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Nate replied 6 months ago.
What do you mean "rough" do you feel a vibration or feel the vehicle shake while braking?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It feels, intermittently, when braking hard, that there is a "bur" on the pad, or a pebble, something preventing it from making complete contact to brake the wheel
Expert:  Nate replied 6 months ago.
There are lots of brake pad options available. I would look for a brake pad that is ceramic as they are the best quality pads in the industry. Also have the rotors checked when the pads are replaced. A rotor that is rusted or warped could affect braking quality as well.
Expert:  Nate replied 6 months ago.
I don't know what brand name pads are available in your area, but send my some brand names that you find and i'll tell you if they are any good. Thanks!
Expert:  Nate replied 5 months ago.
Have you looked at any brake pad options yet? Please let me know if I can answer any more of your questions?