George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Hyundai Genesis: ABS and ESC light come on randomly. Also ESC

Customer Question

ABS and ESC light come on randomly. Also ESC light comes on pulling out of parking lots, and it never used to do that. Car seems to function fine otherwise, just want to know what is causing this. The only brake related issues before are the stop lamp switch which has been replaced under recall a couple times.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. There are many areas of the ABS and ESC systems that will cause the lights to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be.. .Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a code reader and will post the code next time the light comes on then you can provide your insight
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Okay, thanks