Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I was driving to today and as I went to shift hear my

Customer Question

Hello. I was driving to today and as I went to shift hear my clutch pedal went hard and I could not get my car into gear. The car starts when I push down the clutch switch with my hand but the pedal is hard and won't go down.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, hopefully
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.
Hi there,Sounds like you have a seizing master cylinder or slave cylinder.You will need to get the car to a workshop so they can ascertain what is the cause.Can be either one of these, corrosion in one from water in the fluid is the cause.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,How did you go with your clutch problem?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Kind regardsGary