Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have been having an issue with my 2008 Santa Fe. Sometimes

Customer Question

I have been having an issue with my 2008 Santa Fe. Sometimes it just won't start - as if the battery is dead. But it's random and not related to leaving interior lights on etc.The second time it happened it wouldn't even jump. We had it hooked up for a half hour. Just this past time, I stopped for maybe 10 minutes and when I came back it wouldn't start. I went in to call a cab and 10 minutes later checked again and it started!When it won't start, sometimes my interior 4-way indicators are flashing. This time everything would be dark, the 4 ways would go on and then everything turned on: the air all the indicator lights etc. but wouldn't turn over. I swear its possessed! I brought it into the dealer and they had it for a whole day - they couldn't find anything wrong. They tested everything except to look for a "slow trickle(?)"Any ideas? I will say that I am suspecting it is related to my automatic locks. My drivers side won't work electronically, and usually I just use the door to lock all 4 locks - this time I used the door for the drivers but the remote for the other 4. My horn doesn't work either. I hate that I can't depend on this car!Thank you!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The times that it would not start, including the time it would not jump start. How did you get it to start?So far pre-diag I believe the concern is related to either end of the battery cables corroded making poor contact at the battery or body or fuse panel. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The first time we tried to start it for 1.5 hours - I just started no problem the next morning. And this time it was 10 minutes and it just started.I think the dealer said they checked the cables but I will look at that again today. I also had them look at the fuse panel because my locks/horn weren't working and they said that nothing had blown but perhaps I should check that again - how do you check that?
Do you own a test light or volt meter to do these tests?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris