George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Im having problems with starting my 2004 hyundai santa fe.

Customer Question

Im having problems with starting my 2004 hyundai santa fe. However it starts when I shift throughn the gears. I was told that it was the neutral safety switch,but I dont know the location of it in this model car.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I recently replaced the starter ,thinking that was the problem. But I see now that it wasnt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet,I need to know the location of the switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Is this the 2.4, 2.7 or 3.5L engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2.7
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
its a 2.7
Great, click here for location of the switch. It is under the air duct. It is the C08 range switch. Let me know how i can help Thank you
Are you still with me?