George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

I have a question about the power outlets and

Customer Question

***** *****. I have a question about the power outlets and cigarette lighter on my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I use an ac adapter in either the cigaretee lighter or the power outlet underneath to charge my technology. The outlet has been working off and on but generally when I wiggle it will start working again..till yesterday... I dont know if its u related but my digital clock stopped working and so did both the cigarette lighter and the outlet below it. I look online e and found the fuse box underneath the dash.. And pulled the fuse that I think was connected to the lighter ..the wire thingy inside was broken so I replaced it but it still doesn't work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, So have you replaced the loose power adapter? Have you rechecked the fuse you found blown? Do you have the description or fuse number for that one so I can check it? Do you have a 12 volt testlight or a voltmeter to check the circuit if I guide you?