Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to plan a big audio upgrade

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I'm trying to plan a big audio upgrade that will be a series of incremental steps. How do your remove the front tweeters on a 2016 elantra gt? Also, would I be able to place aftermarket 1" tweeters in the factory tweeter location?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's not so much an issue as it is a desire to upgrade the factory sound DIY.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.
To remove the front tweeters you just pop out the black trim piece that they are mounted in. Just pry out the trim piece with a flat head screwdriver, wrap some electrical tape around the tip to protect the plastic. They are held in by a few screws. Not positive but I believe the factory tweeters are 1" so yes they should fit. I have attached a picture to help you.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you