K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Hyundai VeraCruz: I recently changed the brake pads and rotors

Customer Question

I recently changed the brake pads and rotors on my 2011 VeraCruz. The brakes work great, however all of my lights have come on. The ABS light, The ESC light, The check engine light, The light showing the under carriage of the AWD. Why would all of these come on at one time when they never came on before
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 6 months ago.
Hello, the one thing all these systems have in common are the wheel speed sensors. Check to make sure the new rotors match the old ones if a reluctor wheel is present on them. Brake dust on the reluctor wheel or sensor can also cause them not to read. A scan tool with live data cabaility can show you whichwheel speed sensor is not reading to make troubleshooting easier.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is that an expensive test and would it require repairs
Usually a shop would charge around an hour diagnostic time and offer some discount if you have them repair it. I would double check the rotors, brake dust andd look for any damaged wiring before proceding to a shop.