George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Sonata: , The information Im seeking is 2001

Customer Question

Hi, The information Im seeking is for a 2001 Hyundai sonata 2.4 4cyl..
Im trying to find out information on the
Throttle control sensor wiring going to the ECM.
TheThrottle control sensor pink wire is located in which plug (On the ECM), and in the plug which (terminal number)is the pink wire in.
I have a check engine lite on with code P0122, TPS low voltage.
I would like to bypass this wire and run a new wire in order to get better voltage. I am only getting 3.9 volts instead of 5.0 volts and do you think this is the right wire?
Submitted: 11 months ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.
Hi Donald, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Click on this link and let me know if this looks like the correct ECM pinout you need. Terminal 9 is empty here on this one. and TPS is 73 and 38. Let me knowdiagram
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No... this isnt the right aplication for this car. Not the same wiring harnes connector.
Ok. Let me see if I can pull up the right one. If not I will opt out in case another expert might have them for you. Hang tight while I check through my files.
I have no others but another expert might be able to help. I will opt out and this will repost for other experts to see. Sorry I was not able to help on this one.
Expert:  George H. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, different tech here You need the pinout for the ECM or the TPS or both?
There is a joint connector C-41 that splits the 5 volts from the computer to the TPS, MAP and MAF. Have you checked those to see what they read?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does it split under the hood, in between the throttle body and the fire wall where the TPS wires come off the harness
The C41 connector is to the right of the accelerator pedal as shown here Click for diagram And here for pin numbersYou want pin 7 at 5 volts from the computer and pin 5 out to the TPS. Let me know how I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you know what the color is? Thats been my problem. Im in the car at the ECM and the terminal 9 Pink wire. So for terminal 7. Do you have the color because the pink wire isnt where its in terminal 9.
Sure, it is blue/black and should be the same at the pin 111 of the C45-4 connector that is the 5 volt source from the computer into pin 7 of C41. Same color out to the TPS Let me know what I can do to help Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oooooh... you do know your shit!
Please let me know how I can help Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is my ECM (4 plugs)... Im trying to find out which plug the terminal for my wire is in.
The C45-4 is the last connector in the listing so it is on the end. The pin diagram is here. >click<
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the paper that says harness side shows 4 harnesses. Im understanding that the c44-3(harness) # ***** terminal(pink wire) is where im supposed to be. But its nothing there in that terminal.
If you look at the diagram I posted above you will see the number of pins in the connector. This is the large one and you check to see if you have 5 volts at pin 11 of the C45-4 connector which is a light blue/black stripe wire. Let me know how I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
George Im Donald. Can we talk tomorrow? Maybe you can hit me up when you get on line and I can call you through the site?
Make a post to this thread and I will be notified. Let me know how I can help Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok... willdo! If you feel comfortable my number is(###) ###-#### ***** will be looking to contact you late morning /early afternoon.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im Donald
I am unable to speak on the phone, let me know if I can help further with this Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can call you through the service though right?
I cannot speak on the phone, I am happy to help you here. Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok... it said it be extra to talk on the phone,
Ok... Ill look for you tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.
That is correct, would you like to continue here?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes please.
So post here when you get a chance to check the supply and connection. Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will do!
I will watch for your post. Thanks