George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Hyundai Veracruz SE: 2007 Hyundai Veracruz 3.8 DOHC Need

Customer Question

2007 Hyundai Veracruz 3.8 DOHC
Need labor time and directions to change the valve cover gaskets....does the intake have to be removed?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist yes, the upper intake has to be removed to remove valve covers. looking for procedure Roy 2007 Hyundai Truck Veracruz AWD V6-3.8LVehicle » Engine, Cooling and Exhaust » Engine » Valve Cover Gasket » Parts InformationParts InformationOEM Part #PriceValve Cover GasketValve Cover Gasket 4 - Right224413C110$22.584 - Left224533C110$22.69Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandardValve Cover GasketReplace Right BankB1.92.7Left BankB0.91.4© 2016 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

still waiting on labor time and directions

Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.
sorry, it did not copy correctly. the time is 4.7 hours for both sides.I attached a picture of the upper intake. in the picture, just the upper has to come off. once it is, remove the coils and unbolt the valve covers. Roy REMOVAL Disconnect the AFS connector (A) and the breather hose (B).Remove the air cleaner body (D) and the intake hose (C). Disconnect the RH front and rear oxygen sensor connectors (A), the power steering sensor connector (B), the RH injector harness connector (C) and the VIS solenoid valve connector (D). Disconnect the PCSV connector (A), the MAP sensor connector (B) and the PCSV hose. Disconnect the ETC connector (A) and the knock sensor connector (B). Disconnect the water hoses (B) from ETC.Disconnect the PCV (C) hose. Disconnect brake vacuum hose.Remove the surge tank stays (A). Remove the surge tank (A). Disconnect the breather Pipe assembly (A). Disconnect the LH injector harness connectors.Remove the intake manifold (A) and gasket. INSTALLATION Install the intake manifold and new gasket on the cylinder head. Tightening torque1st: 3.9 - 5.9 Nm (0.4 - 0.6 kgf.m, 2.9 - 4.3 lb-ft) 2nd: 18.62 - 23.52 Nm (1.9 - 2.4 kgf.m, 13.74 - 17.36 lb-ft) 3rd: Repeat 2nd step twice or more.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

It will not let me leave feedback