Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Changing ignition switch on 2008 Santa Fe. Removed old

Customer Question

Hello, changing ignition switch on 2008 Santa Fe. Removed old switch but new one will not go back in, and key is stuck in start position
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Since the new lock cylinder will not go in, do not force it. Since the key is stuck in the replacement lock cylinder in the start position there is likely a tumbler issue that is preventing the key form turning. Can you take apart the new lock cylinder to see if its damaged? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris