FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
1627031

Hyundai Santa FE XL: I have a 2014 Santa Fe XL AWD with 82,000

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Santa Fe XL AWD with 82,000 kms. The push button start from time to time will not start the engine. the push button says it is on but the engine is not running and will not start. this is unreliable and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it as it started every time they tried it over a 2 day period. the dealer put in a new battery and a brake sensor as the brake pedal will not depress to start the car.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if you ever get a key fob message when starting the vehicle?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. The dealer also asked me that question. The dashboard lights up with all icons like engine, lock, steering, etc. but the engine does not start. I tried first ACC then holding the start button - didn't work.
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. If there are no other messages then the problem is the electronic ignition switch. These are a common failure. The problem is that the dealer will not replace it unless it tests bad.