Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

Hyundai Santa Fe: my 2007 Hyundai santa fe 3.3 stalls only

Customer Question

my 2007 Hyundai santa fe 3.3 stalls only in the rain. it sies at stop and slow take off after stop.. no codes will read out.. can you help me
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have replaced TPS/cleaned throttle body/ temp sensor new/ checked all pigtail plugs for loose
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,I have seen a few of these with issues on the wiring for the crank position sensor, down by the sensor itself. The wire becomes chaffed and the water seems to affect it when driving. This can cause stalling.Also, You could also try unplugging the mass air flow sensor when the condition is happening and see if it stops stalling. If it does, then replace the maf sensor.Hope this helps!