George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hood latch under dash in my 2007 Hyundai is broken .. cant

Customer Question

hood latch under dash in my 2007 Hyundai is broken .. cant open the hood the latch is loose .. will pull up with no resistance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the lever that I pull under the dash beside the drivers door .. is broken .. ie no resistance .. not pulling any cable .. as a result I cannot open the hood .. is there a way to by pass it so I can open the hood and charge my battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 8 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Is the release handle securely fastened and the cable sheath held firmly in the holder installed?