sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2011 sonata won't crank- just had new starter installed 4 weeks

Customer Question

2011 sonata won't crank- just had new starter installed 4 weeks ago all lights come on (also has 4 week old battery walk away from the car and is does not want to lock either
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: push starter button- all appears to come on but won't engage starter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you reviewing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
lets just forget it- I'll have it towed to the dealer
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are quite a few things that could prevent the starter from engaging. Assuming the replacement starter is good, it may be an ignition switch or transmission range sensor related issue, wiring, the starter relay, the engine controller may not be awake, or there could be an immobilizer related issue.Do you hear any noise from the engine compartment when attempting to start it?Have you checked fuses?