mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Our Santa Fe is parked in town and the epb will not release.

Customer Question

JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No matter what I try doesn't seem to release ot
JA: What else is going on? Anything else I can tell the Hyundai Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The epb being stuck is the only issue
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.
Hello, what year is your santa fe? And have you ever had this issue before or is this the first time? Lastly, is the vehicle parked on a hill?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is 2013. Never had this issue before. And yes the vehicle is parked on a hill
Alright, I would guess that there is too much pressure on it and thats why it is sticking. If you start the vehicle, put it in drive and move forward a little bit then try to release it it should work. If that doesn't work there may be an electrical issue and you'll probably need to get it towed to a dealer so they can try to release it with the scan tool.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That doesn't release it. He car just rocks forward and back again. Is there anything else I can try to get it released.
This is a 2013 and it has an electric parking brake?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry I'm on Hyundai's technician information web site and the first year that electronic parking brakes were introduced was 2016. I'm going to open your question to other experts, maybe someone else can help.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
generally it needs to be pushed one way to release and the other to lock. have you tried while releasing it to hold the button down. ?