George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Hyundai Santa Fe: Neal. My 2007 Santa Fe burst oil seal

Customer Question

Hi Neal. My 2007 Santa Fe burst oil seal on left drive shaft, and leaked ATF so bad. I noticed it takes longer to change gears, even on manual mode, and engine light came on. I had seal replaced and oil level is fine, but still gears don't change well. It gets stuck on 3rd gear, 4th and 5th slip. Also, won't change down to 1st when I stop. I had it scanned and it returned P007.... code. Agents recommend I change whole gearbox, which will cost more than the car itself. Please help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,The code you have listed is not a valid fault code. All codes should be at least 4 digits. Can you recheck the code please and post back with the results and I will see if I can help you with this problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi. The code is P0700, and the engine light is intermittently on/off
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
The code P0700 simply indicates that the TCM (transmission control module) is setting a fault code and unfortunately to retrieve it you are going to need a full scan tool that can retrieve codes from the TCM. A code reader will not work. Can you contact the shop that told you to replace the transmission ans see if they can give you the transmission fault code?