mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

The A/C in my 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe blows hot air anywhere

Customer Question

The A/C in my 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe blows hot air anywhere from 5 min after I turn it on to 15 min. Then all of a sudden the air turns very cold as if a switch was flipped. The Dealer said the system was OK. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.

if only the first 5-15 minutes are warm then i would say the system may be a little low on refrigerant but other than that it sounds like it is working order. a local garage would be able to perform an a/c system service where they recover the refrigerant in the system and recharge it to the factory spec so it will work at full strength.

if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

if not if you would take a moment ot give me a rating it would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The dealer said the system in fine and now you say the system is fine but it should not take 15 min and one time a drive of 60 miles before the A/C gets cold. You are obviously haven't anymore knowledge than a guy down the street. Enjoy the $24.00.

i actually am not paid yet. and you did not mention the*****if your first question. if you are getting it to not work for 60 miles it sounds like you could have either an expansion valve not opening properly or you could have an orifice tube that is clogged. but they only way to know for sure is to have it tested with a set of guages while it is acting up. i can not see your pressures that you have through a computer screen.

i can only be of so much service when i get only part of the symptoms.

but feel free to leave a rating of your choosing at the end of this. either why it will be appreciated.